DISengaged


This is my body of works for my Honours at UJ.  I received a distinction for it.  I have attached my artist statement and the works.  The concept behind this body of works relates to all of us.  Do we choose, as individuals, to sit by and watch our society being formed; or do we decide to participate, in our own small way, in creating a society we can be proud of.  The decision is for each of us to make, for ourselves-silently.  There is no need to scream it out and become actively involved in politics.  There is a need to stand by our own beliefs, to acknowledge one another and to live with honour and respect.  

Once again, please send me your comments. To my email as many of you have done, or onto this blog.  I look forward to hearing what you think of this body of works.  Thanks for looking!!!





SOLD






..
.

Comments

  1. I had the privilege of attending your honors exhibition and thought it then and i'll say it now these works ring true! They are executed with a precision that shows the fragility of our current flailing system and decaying communities BUT they inspire hope through action!
    From an expectant follower.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment